Do you have a tooth or two missing? Are the gaps where these teeth used to be making you feel self-conscious? Don’t worry, you’re not alone in this. People all over the world deal with this issue, and believe it or not, there is actually a rather simple procedure that can help you fill those gaps in no time.
What is it, you might be wondering to yourself. The answer is simple, and may be one you have already heard of before: dental implants. If you’re not well versed in this procedure, read on, and if it sounds right for you, you can find a specialist and make an appointment to get your brooklyn dental implants when you’re ready.
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is basically an artificial tooth. They are made of titanium and ceramic that almost feels like bone. There are two types of dental implants:
· Endosteal implant: This is the most common implant, where the implant is placed into the bone.
· Subperiosteal implant: This type of implant is best for patients who don’t have the right bone height for endosteal implants or who can’t wear dentures. This implant is placed on the bone.
A Few Advantages to Dental Implants
If you are considering getting implants, you should be aware of some of the advantages they offer. After all, over 5 million procedures are done by specialists every year, so they must be doing something right.
· Implants won’t slip around, being as stable as regular tooth would be.
· Implants are cleaned in the same fashion as your normal teeth, just brush away.
· Implants can prevent your other teeth from shifting.
· Implants can be a great option for people with a few missing teeth or who don’t want dentures. You’ll be able to chew and swallow as usual in no time.
If you decide to get your own implants, you will be so glad when the procedure is done. You will feel proud of your smile again. You will feel better about yourself, and feeling good about yourself is one of the best feelings you can have.
So get out there and smile more. You’ll be happy you did.